The West Coast Power Universal Power Plant focuses on optimal reuse, recycling and recovery of materials contained in various municipal, commercial, agricultural and industrial waste. Care is taken to balance between energetic, ecological and environmentally friendly aspects.
This performance is mainly achieved by the following characteristics:
Optimization of energy efficiency
The optimization of energy efficiency is ensured by:
- Optimization of fuel logistics (consistent fuel quality)
- Optimization of conversion technology (without use of auxiliary energy such as plasma or electrodes)
- The selected methods are exothermic – thus the obtained waste heat from conversion is used in various steps in the process resulting in improved energy efficiency
- The latest method of purifying the obtained SynGas is characterized by two important factors:
Maximum cleaning quality
Minimum effort for cleaning
- Temporary storage of the end product (SynGas) in liquid or gaseous form is made available for a variety of different uses
Optimization of process flexibility
The optimization of process flexibility has several effects:
- By providing and using different fuels, a fuel market-independence is achieved for the plant
- The selected conversational methods are also able to deal with different types of fuels (batches) without any structural changes to the building just by easily changing the process controls and the control values.
- The temporary storage of the end product enables to link the production to the usage and sales process. This allows for an optimal energy recovery and commercialization of the final product for each time of day, week or season.
(local consumption at place of production and/or possible resale at market price)
Optimization of reliability
The optimization of reliability and safety plays a central role with the West Coast Power Universal-PLANT. This is mainly ensured by the following:
- Using a balanced mix of “proven technology” and “new methods”
- These are, without exception, supplied and serviced by renowned and internationally operating manufacturers
- Consistent planning of redundancies in all areas:
Full transparency is achieved by the following processes:
Process 1 – Life cycle perspectives
In design and planning, extra care is taken to ensure that as part of a restoration concept, only ecologically acceptable methods and materials are used that are 100% recyclable at the end of their life cycle.
Process 2 – Publicity
Publicity is achieved by including all stakeholders in the engineering and operation process from the very start. For instance, disclosure of planning foundations, webcams on construction sites, on site visits and tours around the plant are possible and welcome at any time as well as independent assessments and publications of process-critical and environmentally critical measurements and operational data.
Best Price-Performance Ratio
The West Coast Power Universal-PLANT is certainly the best of its kind and offers you the best value for money. The above mentioned expenses, reflecting in high investment costs, will notwithstanding lead to the following:
- Low operating costs
- Maximum yield rates
- Significantly better environmental performance
Therefore, the key stakeholders are closely involved with the full range of services as follows:
Faster return on investment
Are able to respond swiftly and flexibly to market changes
Various sources of revenue
Accordingly increased profits
All statutory limits can be met easily. As a result, the licensing, construction and operation of the facilities is ensured at all times (in all countries worldwide). This implies a low investment risk. Furthermore, the plant provides a net benefit for the related economic cycles by consistent substance- and energy-recovery (100%) of the fuels used.